Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Living Together Differently

At the beginning of the year, we asked ourselves, "What does it mean to live together differently?" We have 28 students in our class - each one is unique. How do we expect to work together, get along, and live within these four walls of this very small classroom for almost 7 hours each day? I shared some picture books with the kids that focus in on this issue, and we came up with lots of ideas of how to "live together differently." The video below shows some of the ideas we felt were most important...

3 comments:

Kelly Baird said...

I really love that your devoted the time to the subjects of inclusiveness, respect, dealing with anger and getting along. What a unique way to get everyone on the same page at the begining of the year.

Thanks,
Kelly (Christian's Mom)

k and s said...

Is this your class room rules? If they are you kids did a great job.Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Rouse said...

I saw these in your room at open house pta and really liked them. Now I like them even better after hearing you read them on your video. Great job!